Sunday, March 22, 2009

My first move towards Green For Life

Somtimes is very common that people might think of I am very Green in her life because she is secretary of Green Club.... But the fact is I NOT GREEN AT ALL!!! *sigh*

I go out buy food did not bring my own container...
I go out shopping without bring reusable bags...
I did not practice recycle principles in my daily life....
I did not make my own garbage enzyme....

Although...

I always tell people to bring their own container to buy food and not to use Styrofoam..
I always tell people to bring reusable bags to go shopping ...
I always tell people to keep all their recyclable items...
I always tell people how to make garbage enzyme...

Anyway starting from today onwards. I want green my life!!!!

I had started to bring my own container to buy food...
(although I might forget to bring it)
I had use less plastic bags and slowly I believe I can starts bring reusable bags to go shopping...
I had started to keep thing that can be recycle instead of throwing all of them into rubbish bin
I had make my first garbage enzyme although Mr Chin forget to help me ask the ratio of making garbage enzyme.. (Never mind if I fail to make it, I will ask Mr Chin do one for me)

Actually Go Green is not that hard as what we think. :)

By the way, this coming Saturday, 28th March 2009 is Earth Hour 2009. Let's us switch off all the lights for one hour from 8.30pm to 9.30pm. You can make a difference and Mother Earth will love you all. My family will support this event in our own house, you can do this as well.

Click here for more details on Earth Hour 2009.

4 comments:

Jeff9 said...

Be green the fun way; Save money and the Earth and be clean at the same time! Get serious and add Bathroom Bidet Sprayers to all your bathrooms. I think Dr. Oz on Oprah said it best: "if you had pee or poop on your hand, you wouldn't wipe it off with paper, would you? You'd wash it off” Available at www.bathroomsprayers.com with these you won't even need toilet paper any more, just a towel to dry off! Don’t worry, you can still leave some out for guests and can even make it the soft stuff without felling guilty. It's cheap and can be installed without a plumber; and runs off the same water line to your toilet. You'll probably pay for it in a few months of toilet paper savings. And after using one of these you won't know how you lasted all those years with wadded up handfuls of toilet paper. As for water use a drought is always a concern and must be dealt with prudently but please remember that in the big picture the industrial water users always far exceed the water use of household users and in the case of toilet paper manufacture it is huge. The pollution and significant power use from that manufacturing process also contributes to global warming so switching to a hand bidet sprayer and lowering your toilet paper use is very green in multiple ways.

Jia Xing said...

Fully support!

VHanded Cheepeng said...

Yea~
I don't use container, so I very very prefer to eat on spot.

Plastic bag ar, I also use very little, just a request: "no plastic~", and the cashier will glad because he/she don't need to pack up for you.

Puis@n said...

haha.. i now also starts say no plastic edy.. nt saying nt using at all but i use it at minimum level...